Recipes That Use Your Dehydrator Sheets
If you haven't found a good recipe that involves your dehydrator sheets, here are 3 recipes to help you get started.
Since they're only used for recipes that involve liquids, that means these are going to take more effort than the other, easier ones.
You'll see these snacks are worth the extra effort though.
Potato Chips with Sour Cream and Onion Flavor
- 1/4 cup of copped onion
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 4 cups of potatoes that are peeled and boiled then mashed
- Combine all ingredients either in a food processor or a blender at high speed.
- Next you will want to spoon out and spread the mixture on the dehydrator sheet.
- You will need to dry it for at least 4 hours at 145 degrees F.
- This will dry it on one side then you will need to flip it and dry it for another hour or so until you can break into edible pieces.
Tasty Taco Chips
- Dash of Garlic
- 1 c of shredded cheddar cheese, sharp is best
- 1 can of corn (whole kernel preferably) 7oz will do
- 1/2 c of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of chopped onion
- You'll need to blend all of the ingredients together. You can use a blender or a food processor using high speed to mix well.
- Using a dehydrator sheet spread the mixture over the sheet evenly and place it on the tray in the dehydrator.
- You will need to dry it at 145 degrees F until it is dry on one side or at least 6 to 8 hours.
- You need to then turn the mixture over and dry the other side for at least an hour or longer.
- Once it is dried the right amount, it will break apart real easy, into bite size pieces.
Pineapple Zucchini Chips
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 12-oz of pineapple juice which is equal to 2 6oz cans of juice
- 4 cups of zucchini that is peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- You will need to put the lemon and pineapple juice into a 2 qt sauce pan with the sugar.
- You will need to bring to full oil on high heat then reduce the heat and the pieces of zucchini.
- As it cooks you will want to mash it all into a liquid and boil for at least 15 minutes or until the zucchini turns to an olive green color.
- You will need to strain the mixture when done.
- Once it has cooled, you will need to put it out on the sheet so that it can be dried at 135 degrees F. for at least 3 to a total of 5 hours.
- Break apart for chips.
Paraflexx, Teflex, and generic sheets
I hope you're seeing what you can do with dehydrator sheets. Don't forget, there's always the fruit leathers to try. These are washable and reusable, and they'll last for years. You may find them called Paraflexx or Teflex sheets. If you're looking to save, you can also find them in bulk quantities, or get the generics. I recommend the Paraflex just because I've had good results with them, but you'll be fine with any brand.