Benefits of Food Dehydrators

As more people realize the benefits of a healthy diet the use of food dehydrators is becoming more popular. Buying organic and using raw foods instead of processed food is becoming more than just a trend and with the push towards more active and healthy lifestyles it is good to know the benefits of using a food dehydrator. In addition to reducing the use of electricity in your home that food processing machines take up there are also a number of health benefits to eating raw and dehydrated foods that can help improve your overall well being. Knowing the benefits of food dehydrators and how to prepare raw foods for consumption is a great step towards a more active and fit lifestyle.

A major benefit to using a food dehydrator is that unlike cooking and steaming you don't lose any of the nutritional content of the foods you are dehydrating. Concentrated flavors, nutrients and enzymes are often lost when cooked in ovens or boiled on stoves and though it may taste good the food you are eating is much less healthier than when it was in its raw state. Food dehydrators retain nearly 100% of the nutritional content of the food and also inhibit the chance of bacteria growth. So if you are concerned about eating healthy using a food dehydrator is a great way to ensure your body is getting the most from the foods you are eating.

Another benefit to using a food dehydrator such as an Excalibur or Nesco brand food dehydrator is the preservation factor. Food dehydrators remove roughly 75% of the moisture from food and the only concern you have is taking care of the other 25%. This can easily be done by properly storing the dehydrated food in airtight jars, bags and containers that can be sealed completely and then kept in cool dark places so the food remains safe. If you are dehydrating fruits and vegetables and have properly dehydrated the foods and stored it in a sealed container the shelf life for these foods is an astounding 30 years. If you live in a remote area or a place that is prone to natural disasters using a food dehydrator can be a lifesaver.

Lastly, dehydrated food in a store is rather expensive and can put a strain on your budget. When you own a home food dehydrator you experience significant savings both in terms of grocery bills and energy. Instead of using ovens and food processors that require electricity or gas a food dehydrator needs nothing and the dehydrated food produced can last for years to come.

Benefits of Food Dehydrators

Benefits of Nesco Food Dehydrators

Choosing a Food Dehydrator

Comparing Food Dehydrators

Healthy Raw Food Diets

How Do Food Dehydrators Work?

How Else Can Dehydrators Be Used?

Popular Food Dehydrator Recipes

Raw Food Dehydrator Recipes

Using Excalibur Food Dehydrators

Back to Main



From Best Blender Reviews to Food Dehydrators

Get the Newsletter

Sign up to stay updated with news, contests, and special offers.

Your e-mail address is secure. I promise to use it only to send you this newsletter.

(Click here to unsubscribe)